Sunday, September 2, 2012

First meal in Pohang, South Korea



     I had never in my life eat raw fish until my boss and family treated me to a big plate full while we were visiting Pohang, an east coast town in South Korea.   I was a good sport and ate plenty after I decided that I still did understand what all the excitement was about.  I mean, it was so-so!  It wasn't gross, but it sure wasn't something I ever thought about when thinking "I'm hungry, what do I want to eat?"

     You can't see the raw fish in the pictures above.  I'm sure I posted a video about it on Youtube.  Still, you can see that we had lots of food to enjoy besides the raw fish.  That's pretty much the Korean way of dining.

     One thing is for sure.  I'm glad I've not been the one having to wash all those dishes after dinner!

     Oh!  and one more thing!  I learned quickly that if I was going to manage my weight (and waistline) effective, I was going to have plan ahead and eat mindfully before joining a group of Koreans to eat out for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment